Friday, May 14, 2010

6 days, 5 tracks


The past week has been pretty busy! I've ridden at 5 different tracks in the past 6 days. I'm tired, but I'm trying to take full advantage of all the seat time I've been getting! Sunday was Pala Raceway, Monday was Milestone, Tuesday was Perris, Wednesday I took a day off, Thursday was Glen Helen, and then today I rode at Competitive Edge. It's so crazy how SoCal has SO many tracks so close to each other!
I really liked most of the tracks, with the exception of Milestone. It was fun for the first half of the day, but then the track got boring. Pala had the best dirt, in my opinion. It was a pretty nice sandy mix, and the track wasn't too hard packed. Glen Helen had some gnarly hills!

I can honestly say that I've ridden with most of the top pro's this week. As for the girls, Ashley Fiolek, Jessica Patterson, Vicki Golden, Tarah Gieger, Elizabeth Bash, Penni Cyrus, and a few others. The guys? Ryan Dungey, Nick Wey, Christophe Pourcel, Dean Wilson, Trey Canard, Eli Tomac, Brett Metcalfe, Andrew Short, Davi Millsaps, Josh Grant, Tommy Searle, Max Anstie, Michael Byrne, Kyle Cunningham, Cole Seely, Wil Hahn, the list is endless! On any given day of the week, it's almost guaranteed that you'll see atleast a few top dogs out practicing. It's awesome to watch them and learn new lines. I can't wait to see how Eli Tomac does in his first year pro, it's always the most fun watching the rookies shine in the pro class.

Included below are a few pictures of me riding at Glen Helen, as well as some photos that I took of a couple of the pro's. My Dad's photography skills aren't so bad!




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Dungey

Ashley Fiolek

Max Anstie

Cole Seely

3 comments:

  1. God, that looks like a blast!
    Keep it up, Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie hanging with the Pro's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missss you soo much! :( i hopee to comee seeee you sooon baby<3

    ReplyDelete